Thankful – Not So Much
We have all been so blessed to live here in America. There is no other country over the last 400 years that have prospered as much as America. There is no other country on this planet currently or in history that has produced so much benefiting the world. The poorest among us would be counted as rich compared to most people in the world. Do we take this country for granted? Are we thankful to God for allowing us to live here? Are we thankful at all for the many blessings we have received from being an American Citizen? Do you believe we are thankful? I think we take for granted all that we have as a result of the very freedoms found in our founding documents! Too many Americans have little knowledge of the Freedoms that have allowed us to become the greatest nation on earth.
What are the American people thinking? Our society is tumbling down morally like nothing the world has experienced in all of history. The most amazing thing is that we as Christians are silent on the direction this country is taking, with the majority not ever voting in our free elections. The Church Leaders and the Body of Christ in the western cultures are cowardly, fearful to confront our culture with the Word of God. The Bible has something to say about the cowardly just read Revelation 21:8.
How can the Body of Christ allow the pagan practice of child sacrifice (Abortion) to become the law of the land?! How could we remain silent allowing the abominations of Sodom and Gomorrah to be glorified knowing their number one target is our young children - the agenda of LGBTQPP…?! Even allowing our children to be groomed into these perversions in Drag Queen Story Hours! What are we thinking?! We are afraid to pull our children from the public school system where they are being indoctrinated into a humanistic, atheistic world view!
The Called-Out Churches
The Churches and its members look so much like the world most reminds me of a Network Marketing Event – Loud Pump You Up Music, mixed with New Age Love Yourself Personal Development, and wrapped up in If You Believe It You Can Achieve Your Best Life Now Prosperity Message. We fail to address the issues of our times and we are the Churches called out by Christ in the Book of Revelation in Chapters 2 and 3; Loveless – Compromising – Corrupt – Dead - Lukewarm!
Take a look and I think you can see how we represent Romans 1:22, 23 – we know God but do not glorify him in our actions – nor are we thankful for all that He has blessed us with as a people and country – our thoughts are futile for we focus on earthly things – our hearts are darkened as we focus on ourselves and neglect those in need – we have become wise in our own eyes where we want God out of everything thus becoming fools.
- Education – almost 50% of Americans are functionally illiterate
- International Fuel Dependence – we are dependent upon foreign nations (that hate us) for a large percentage of our fuel supply
- Mortgage Crisis – Greed – Covetousness
- Bank Closings – Again mismanagement and greed
- Rising Cost of Living – Decrease in take-home income
- Health Care –Cost too much and every year 200,000 people die from mistakes made at our hospitals
- Weak Leadership – Leaders concerned with personal gain over the best for America. The wisdom of God is rejected.
- Middle East Conflicts – Loss of lives in a hostile environment
- A Falling Dollar – the value of our currency continues to fall around the world as a result of our escalating national debt
- Terrorist Threat – The fear of attacks in our country mainly from sleeper cells or so-called lone-wolf attacks
- Weather – severe storms and large populations the destruction and catastrophic cost they bring
- Loss of Retirement Income and Savings – Stock Market & Banks
- Abortion –70 million and climbing and the harvesting of organs for sale and profit
- Divorce and the rate of births to unwed mothers
- Sexual Sins that know no boundaries and epidemic levels of STD’s
- Protection of the Criminal Over the Victim
- Nuclear Threat
- The Attack On Freedom Of Speech – Must silence the truth - do not talk about my lifestyle
- Redefining Marriage – The foundation of the family
- Illegal Immigrants
- Christian Denominations that accept alternative lifestyles that are contrary to the word of God
- False Teachers and our lack of discernment – the feel-good message – the social gospel vs. the truth found in God Word the Bible
Of course, this is just a shortlist. We all could add many more issues that are facing us and our society.
2 Chronicles 7:14-15, “if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. ‘Now My eves will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place.’”
“if My people” – originally this was Israel, now it is the Church
“Humble themselves” – acknowledge we are dependent on God
“And Pray” – prayer for our nation and everyone in this country especially our leaders
“Turn from our wicked ways” – confess our disobedience (wickedness) – confess and repent of our sins.
Will we the followers of Jesus Christ humble ourselves? Will we turn from our wicked ways and repent? Will we pray without ceasing?
If our nation is to reverse the moral decline it is up to the Church, the people called by His name to repent, to pray and seek His will and blessing. Now is the time to get on our knees and lift our prayers to heaven. Will you stand in the gap (Ezekiel 22:30) for God today? Will we tell everyone we can about the Good News?!
In the Grace, Mercy, and Love of Christ,